Is Your Immune System Stronger Than The Bugs?
To avoid getting sick, you need a strong immune system, not a bunch of medicine. Learn how to build up your immune system and stay healthy year-round.
Building a strong immune system is one of the most vital aspects to living an abundant life free of sickness and disease. The medical model tells us that germs cause sickness and disease. The body does have limitations, however if the germ theory of illness were true, there’d be no one alive to believe it. Bugs are everywhere, you can’t avoid them. Thankfully, these non-seeable invaders cannot survive in a healthy body that has an immune system functioning at a high level. Bacteria, virus, parasites and any other “germs” cannot take over a body with a strong immune system capable of managing foreign intruders.
5 Keys to a Titanium Immune System
So what can you any your family do to stay well this year? It’s simple: you build your immune system from the inside out. Here are 4 ways to do it:
- Avoid sugar like the plague. Sugar devastates your immune system from the time you put it in your mouth. Nancy Appleton, author of the book Lick The Sugar Habit gives 76 ways sugar can ruin your health according to 111 studies. Here are a few:
- Sugar suppresses your immune system and impairs your defenses against infectious disease.
- Sugar can cause autoimmune diseases such as: arthritis, asthma and MS.
- Sugar is enemy #1 of your bowel movement.
- Sugar can cause hemorrhoids and varicose veins.
- If your immune defenses get triggered, don’t cripple them with cold medications. The fever, cough and runny nose are there for a reason. If you run for the Nyquil or Tylenol Cold, you are messing up your immune system in the short term and long term. A study at the University of Maryland showed that people who break their fever when they get a cold or the flu stay sick 3.5 days longer than people who let the fever do its job. In the long term, crippling the defenses weakens your immune system and raises your risk of cancer.[1. The effects of chiropractic on the immune system: a review of the literature. Allen JM, Chiropractic Journal of Australia, 1993; 23:132-135.] Remember that next time you reach for a Tylenol or antibiotics.
- Get adjusted. The single most beneficial thing you can do for your immune system is get adjusted. Studies show that every time you get adjusted, your Interleukin-2 (IL-2) levels go up immediately. IL-2 is what your body uses to kill viral and bacterial assaults. Chiropractic adjustments to reduce nerve pressure have been shown to help increase white blood cells throughout the body. Our white blood cells are what help destroy invaders (bacteria, viruses, etc) and remove them from the body. White blood cells are also what help our body’s ability to fight cancer.
- Get victory over the FEAR in your life. Fear causes stress and stress makes you sick. It destroys your immune system. There are only 2 types of thoughts: Fear Based or Faith Based. Fear based thoughts like worry and anger trigger the release of chemicals that will make you sick, period. Stop buying into the lie that just because someone in your family got cancer, you will too. Have FAITH in the incredible power you have inside of you. Remember, YOU are in control, not your genes or some tiny spec of bacteria!
- Regular exercise is a proven immune system booster. Exercise helps to reduce stress, boost the circulation of white blood cells and increase oxygen carrying capacity. Exercising at a high intensity for 12 minutes a day can help you save time as well as burn fat and build lean muscle and allow your body to have the energy it needs to function at a high level. Getting proper sleep every night and allowing your body to heal is one of the most important aspects to building a strong immune system. When you deprive your body of sleep, you do not allow enough healing time and your body tends to run on adrenaline also known as fight or flight mode.