The Crisis We Face
Chronic health problems are becoming a global crisis. Learn more about this situation and what you can do to address your own health problems below.
When you look at startling health statistics, there’s no doubt in any sane mind that there is a monstrous global health care crisis.
In the United States, which tends to set the standard for health and lifestyle for the rest of the world, chronic diseases like cancer, heart disease, depression, Alzheimer’s, and diabetes impact just about everyone. In fact many people, both children and adults, suffer from more than one of these debilitating diseases. Mental and physical health are deteriorating rapidly.
Statistics reveal that:
- As many as five out six Americans die of heart disease and cancer
- 4.5 million have Alzheimer’s—a number that has doubled in the last two decades[1. Hebert LE, Scherr PA, Bienias JL, Bennett DA, Evans DA. Alzheimer disease in the US population: prevalence estimates using the 2000 census. Archives of Neurology. 2003 Aug;60(8):1119-22.]
- 118 million[2. http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/07/09/antidepressants/index.html] antidepressants are prescribed each year for some 57 million [3. U.S. Census Bureau Population Estimates by Demographic Characteristics. Table 2: Annual Estimates of the Population by Selected Age Groups and Sex for the United States: April 1, 2000 to July 1, 2004 (NC-EST2004-02) Source: Population Division, U.S. Census Bureau Release Date: June 9, 2005. http://www.census.gov/popest/national/asrh/] people with mental disorders
- 61 percent of American adults and one billion worldwide are overweight. The United States Congress calls this problem “as serious a threat as global warming.”
- In the past twenty years, the number of overweight children ages six to eleven have doubled—tripled for adolescents.
- Over 9 million US children (22 million worldwide) are diagnosed as being overweight and at risk of serious cardiovascular disease.[4. NHANES [2003-2004], NCHS; JAMA. 2006;295:1549-1555.]
- As weight is tied to conditions like high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and high blood sugar, these symptoms have raged out of control.
- Conditions once set aside for adults only like adult-onset diabetes, high cholesterol, and high blood pressure now impact millions of children as well.
- Mental health conditions are so bad currently that ordinary children today are more fearful than psychiatric patients were in the 1950s.[5. The Report News Magazine, Candis McLean – 1/22/05]
- Autism, a severe neurodevelopment disorder impacts as many as 1 in 68 children, 1 in 35 if you’re a boy[6.
- Huffington Post, David Kirby 8/11/09
] (Conservative number is 1 in110 children and 1 in 70 boys).
- Circumstances have declined to the point that for the first time in history, this generation of children will experience shorter life expectancies than their parents.
While these statistics sound like science-fiction or some post-apocalyptic movie, the fact is that they’re happening right now!
When the majority of people succumb to the same or similar severe health problems, you no longer have a “person issue,” instead you have a system that is just profoundly broken. While some would say “better diagnosis” explains the incline in disease – it’s simply untrue. The skyrocketing increase in the sheer numbers of sick people is to staggering to write off as anything other than a radical decline in well-being. When the culture stops working out for you, it’s time to stop conforming to the culture of this world and participate in a better one!
Isn’t it time for a new health care system? Maximized Living is a health care system.
ML is a healthcare delivery system based on the 5 Essentials of health:
- Creating a healthy mind
- Restore proper function of nerve system through chiropractic care
- Minimizing Toxins
There’s a power in your body that prevents you from getting sick, heals you if you are, gets you well and keeps you well for the rest of your life. Simply follow these essentials and give yourself the best chance of working with that power instead of against it.
We provide this care for the Judo, Wrestling, and Weightlifting USA World Teams, major league soccer, and in our clinics in the U.S., Canada, and Africa to millions.
Please get involved and stop participating in the crisis and a system that doesn’t work!