Address the Underlying Causes of Back Pain for Long-Term Health
Back pain is far too common in the U.S. and most people treat the symptoms rather than find the underlying cause. Read on to find out how Maximized Living doctors want to change that.
More than 31 million Americans experience low-back pain at any given time. (1) Here are some interesting facts about these 31 million:
- One-half of all working Americans admit to having back pain symptoms each year. (2)
- Back pain is one of the most common reasons for missed work. In fact, back pain is the second most common reason for visits to the doctor’s office, outnumbered only by upper-respiratory infections.
- Most cases of back pain are mechanical or non-organic-meaning they are not caused by serious conditions, such as inflammatory arthritis, infection, fracture or cancer.
- Americans spend at least $50 Billion each year on back pain-and that’s just for the more easily identified costs. (3)
- Experts estimate that as many as 80% of the population will experience a back problem at some time in our lives. (4)
Unfortunately, the average person or medical physician treats back pain with over the counter or prescription medications. While these drugs may or may not help with pain short term, in the long term there are many, many common and serious risks.
If you have heart disease, it has always been considered incredibly risky to take pain-relieving drugs. Now, however, the July, 2010 issue of Circulation: Cardiovascular Quality and Outcomes showed that healthy people without heart concerns have a radically greater chance of all cardiovascular disease, fatal or non-fatal stroke than those not taking these drugs.
Most importantly, no drug gets to the cause of back or any pain. Back pain is nearly always biomechanical in nature. If these biomechanics aren’t corrected, covering symptoms with drugs only allows the problem to go on unnoticed and get worse. Like leaving or ignoring breaks squealing or red lights shining in your car, you’re allowing dysfunction to continue and escalate to a full blow-out.
There are doctors that not only treat symptoms, but correct bio-mechanical disorders actually correcting the problem. You not only feel better, you function right. Since the spine controls all function in the body, not only are you out of pain – you’re far healthier.
Maximized Living doctors are trained in spinal correction. Follow their in-office and home recommendations and become the small percentage of the population without pain and on no pain-relievers.